Here are the dates of our winter training schedule.
The quality of the training is only ever as good as the quality of the coaches and we’re very fortunate to have an outstanding team.
We are delighted to welcome back Graeme Grant. Graeme did fantastic work with our sailors last winter as was very evident in their results throughout the year. In addition we are delighted to welcome Scott Flanagan. Scott represented Ireland in the London Olympics in the 470 class and has gone on to represent Great Britain and New Zealand.
The achievements of these two coaches are too long to list here.
Suffice it to say that if you don’t have a boat, it would be worth borrowing a boat to get this kind of exposure for your sailor this winter.
January 14th – 15th Lough Ree Yacht Club
February 11th – 12th Lough Ree Yacht Club
March 11th -12th Lough Ree Yacht Club
April 8th -9th Lough Ree Yacht Club
Further details on the courses will be announced at a later date
2016 Winder – 3rd in 2016 Europeans
Full spec and price to follow
Contact Gail MacAllister 086 2214724
Brand new unused wooden rudder including tiller and tiller extension and daggerboard. €200 ono.
Superb boat with excellent racing pedigree.
- Winner of Irish Nationals 2015
- Winner of 2015 Irish Southern and Eastern championships, and 2013 Irish Northerns
- Sailed in 2013 worlds in Lough Derg and 2014 Europeans in Brixham
- Tuned and calibrated by Ross Kearney (Mirror World and European Champion).
- P&B World Championship specification, including 8:1 Kicker and Cunningham lead to thwart.
- One piece Super Spar mast, pole and boom with outhaul cleat for the clew, P&B racing sails, Winder foils, centre mainsheet lead to Harken ratchet with cleat, adjustable jib Cunningham, tapered jib sheets, hard anodised reaching hooks
- Flying spinnaker pole launcher system mounted on mast.
- Padded Toe Straps, Jib Cunningham, Top and bottom cover, Combi Road Trailer with mast support.
Dry stored summer and winter. No expense was spared, and a lot of time has been spent ensuring that the boat is functioning well, and is in good condition for racing
Jack Ryan, Lough Ree Yacht Club
Next season’s racing calendar promises to be busy
Judging by the interest in our Winter Training Program, we anticipate a welcome growth in numbers.
We look forward to your participation in what promises to be a terrific year of racing ahead.
||May 20 – 21
||Lough Derg Yacht Club
|O’Dowd Cup & Training
||May 27 – 28
||Mullingar Sailing Club
||Royal Nth of Ireland Y.C.
|National & Western Champ’ships
||July 7 – 8 – 9
||Lough Ree Yacht Club
|– (both Championships combined)
||July 29 – Aug 4
||Restronguet S.C., UK
||August 26 – 27
||Clontarf Yacht Club
Other non-Championship events may be added to the calendar at a later date